Walmart and Sarah Palin missed what could have been a major political coup. The Republican National Committee spent more than $150,000 on clothing and quaffing Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, but not one dollar was spent at Walmart.
From The New York Times:
The full shopping list for Ms. Palin and her family, according to records of the Federal Election Commission, looks like this:
• $75,062.63 spent at Neiman Marcus on Sept. 10.
• $41,850.72 to Saks Fifth Avenue in New York on Sept. 10.
• $7,575.02 to Saks Fifth Avenue in St. Louis on Sept. 10.
• $5,102.71 to Bloomingdale’s in New York on Sept. 10.
• $789.72 to Barney’s New York on Sept. 10.
• Charges of $4,396.94 and $512.92 at Macy’s in Minneapolis on Sept. 10.
• $4,537.85 to Macy’s in Minneapolis on Sept. 22.
• $349.50 to Lord & Taylor in New York on Sept. 25.
• $4,902.08 to Atelier New York, a men’s clothing boutique, on Sept. 10.
• Two separate charges of $98 to Pacifier, a high-end baby store in Minneapolis, on Sept. 10 and Sept. 25.
• $98.50 to Steinlauf & Stoller, a sewing supply store, in New York on Sept. 25.
• $133 to the Gap in Minneapolis on Sept. 25.
Not a penny spent at Walmart. What were they thinking?
At least some of Trig’s diapers came from Walmart.